Thursday, March 27, 2014

AP Art Project 5- Hundertwasser Inspired

This project was inspired by Austrian artist Friedensreich Hundertwasser. Hundertwasser's original and unruly
artistic vision expressed itself in pictorial art, environmentalismphilosophy, and design of facadespostage stampsflags, and clothing. The common themes in his work utilised bright colors, organic forms, a reconciliation of humans with nature, and a strong individualism, rejecting straight lines. The one thing I most admire about this Austrian artist is his control of color. He focuses one area on one color. Although they each color is blocked off, they all collaborate and work well together. 
 

Because Hundertwasser's work is the complete opposite of geometric, I decided to take a risk and incorporate his use of color with geometric shapes. My teacher was shocked that I had not mimicked Hundertwasser style for style like my other classmates. I am glad I combined geometric with free-flow and the contrast worked well together. I felt that the risk I took was for the best. Although people are aware that this is Hundertwasser inspired, it is as always a Morgan Haney Original. 

Throughout his work architecture is always featured. I decided to not make that the focus of my piece but rather just a component. I was not sure I would find the perfect between Hundertwasser and myself. My sketch is very different from my final piece and there was a lot of playing around with different formats and places. I love my final piece, it is a wallpaper (Morgan style, Hundertwasser color influenced) with window views of Hundertwasser represented architecture. I am happy I collaborated myself with Hundertwasser. With al my projects I always want to be represented. 

No comments:

Post a Comment