Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Project Three, Art IV

My inspiration from my third work comes from a class mate. I like the patterns tye dye makes, because it's not repetition at all. It's more of a different shapes repeated in random places. 
I wanted to recreate this tye dye image onto paper with watercolor. Blue was definately the color I wanted to go but India Ink was something I picked up. I started randomly blowing on this small sheet and realized they had turned into trees. 
I tried to recreate what I had done on the practice sheet onto my final. The blues on my final were so intense and the shots of yellow were perfect. 
My teacher felt this piece was incomplete and I agreed. I needed something for this forest, to bring it to life. For weeks I couldn't decide on what should be apart of my blue-green forest. My deadline was approaching fast and I still hadn't thought of anything. I was I desperate need of life. I had suddenly found it! I added yellow to highlight them, I didn't need to add life to piece because it was already there. I couldn't believe I was searching for things to pile upon my forest but the life was already there. My forest had lungs! It was already breathing. 
I titled this The Living Forest, for obvious reasons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment