Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Project Number Four, Art IV



I love my hair, there, I said it. I love painting and drawing and showing the texture of it. My curls have definition and tons of depth and I felt acrylic paint would be a great tool to express that. 
I immediately knew I did not want to just use a canvas for this piece. A few if my peers were working with cardboard and I loved the idea of the it's texture coming through the piece. But I felt I could take that idea a step further...
I was excited to use the wood but it was also driving me up a wall. No matter how much paint I used, the wood would just soak it up. I admit to not working so neatly but I also prefer not to jut slab globs of paint onto a project. It took over two weeks til the colors finally starte working together and were made bold... 
I am not that into realistic drawing nor am I great at it. Although I painted all three bodies from the same photograph I interpreted them in three very different ways. No nose the same, nor the brush strokes on each collard shirt. I wanted the colors I chose to reflect that as well. Who has orange skin and purple hair? Who do you know with deep black piercing eyes? I decided to title this Surfaces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment